Friday, March 5, 2010

Ballooney

This morning I had my Balloons Over Waikato crew training (see my flickr for pictures) and it was cool. I feel so privilaged that I get to do this. The best part is that I made it happen! I wanted it, asked for it, and was determined. Not that it was difficult, they're actually short volunteers and therefor desperate - but don't burst my balloon! Now I just need to survive financially for the next 3 weeks. It's worth it though. Being there is so much more different then imagining; everyone knows that but I often forget. I can't wait to see all the balloons there at once. I'm probably going to get to work on "special shapes" which are the balloons that are shaped like birthday cakes and dinosaurs (yes, I did say dinosaurs)! I WILL find a way to stay afloat until the end of the festival on march 28th! I can do this!

In the mean time I'm not sure where I'll go. It would be smart to just stay in Hamilton and save money, but this place is boring when you have no money and no friends. I might try to find a wwoofing place nearby to stay at, but we all know how well that went last time. Third times a charm maybe? If not, then I may just hang around in Raglan. If I'm spending money to stay in hostels anyways, I might as well do it in a place that is beautiful. It's free to sit a the beach everyday, and there are people there I can make friends with. Plus, then I can hand out CVs in a town I'd actually want to stay in for a while (and maybe, just maybe, I'll get a chance to go surfing again...)

1 comment:

  1. Woooooohooooooo! You are having a good time! yes! Yes you are. I am so happy that you share your adventure with me (and all the others of course). Your pictures are fantastic! I can't wait til you can explain some of them to me because I want to know every detail.

    ReplyDelete