Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sales superstar?

Not as such. Not bad at it though, just not a sales person in my heart. Oh, but I'm not selling nailpolish pens anymore, now I'm selling shammy cloths - you know, like "Shamwow". Funny right?

Also, I kinda hate being here... right now. Just for right now. But still. Filled with hate and hurtful feelings that cause me make generalizations about people and places I don't know. Why? I'm mostly just feeling low energy and sad from spending the day asking for peoples' money when all I really wanted to do was say hello and have a conversation and not feel crazy and alone. But also because on my way back I was approached by a creepy, presumabley homeless person who completely violated my sense of security by saying weird shit in a way that made me think (know) I was in danger then proceed to follow me in broad daylight surrounded by other people. I asked some random ladies if I could walk with them and pretend I knew them, they were even going in the opposite direction I needed to go but it didn't matter. I lost him and got on a bus and while we were sitting there waiting for the driver's break to finish he got on the bus. He kept saying things like "you make a man want to do things..." then trail off and say "I'm so glad I met you, you seem so trusting", etc, etc. Finally, I jumped out at the last second at a stop that was nowhere near mine because I knew he would just wait and get off at my stop - he even tried to get out when I did but I think the driver knew what was up and drove away before the guy could. Hamilton is a small place and I'm really easy to recognize now because of my hair (and orange backpack). I want to leave. I want to just leave, forget about the job and the balloon festival. That's not fair.

2 comments:

  1. Damn creepy men! I am so sorry this has put a damper on your time in Hamilton. So unfortuante that one person can dramatically change the course you were on. I'm sorry men suck! Stay safe and try to focus on the good... etting ready for ballooning and selling shamwows! (oh, by the way, I had shamwows with me when I travelled... they were awesome. Try selling them to backpackers!) Love you, Lisa

    ReplyDelete