Wednesday, March 3, 2010

biding time

I'm in Hamilton now. I'm all over the freakin' map mentally though. The reason I'm now here is because I have training this saturday for the hot air balloon festival that's coming up on the 24th. I was really excited to be a part of this festival but lately I've been so anxious about my financial situation that it's making me think I don't even want to do it anymore. The festival is close enough that I feel really limited about finding a job, especially considering that I don't think I really want to find one here in Hamilton. Ths is a nice town - with beautiful gardens - but it's a bit dull and I would like a job that's active and gets me meeting other people (in my age group preferably). I did decide to put in an application to the caving thing in Waitomo (and I must say, I felt I did a really good cover letter) so I'll give them a call next week to follow up. Remember that overnight boat trip I did right at the begining? The one with the orcas. Well, they're hiring too and that would be spectacular! I just hope I can get my timing right as I can only have an interview in person. That would be an awesome job though...

My training for the balloon fest will be on saturday. At that point I'll decide if I'm going to hang around for the festival itself (which I really hope that I do) or if I'll go get a job fruit picking or something. I think it would be a real bummer if I didn't go to the festival, but right now it just seems more like a stresstival. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment