Wednesday, January 27, 2010

going north

very quick lil' update:

I'm no longer getting out in Golden Bay as my friend, Warrick, travels to Wellington for school. Now I'm going all the way to Welly and possibly even a bit beyond to his parent's farm in Hawks Bay for the weekend of feb 6. Then I return to Welly and head to Paraparaumu by train to my first wwoof home at the Lotus Yoga Centre. I'll stay there for a week doing various odd jobs then make my way to Waikanae to my second wwoof home at Nirvananaturally which is a naturist retreat that I'll reside at for a week as well. I have nothing planned yet after that until the begining of march where I'll spend a couple weeks in an old west town at Mellonsfolly Ranch (unofficial wwoof home #3), until I head to Hamilton for the Balloons Over Waikaito festival where I hope to be a volunteer crew memeber for a hotair balloon or two.

... well, so much for not planning. But hey, there's still pleanty of adventure possibilities within this skeletal plan - and nothing is really for sure at this point. Now I just need to pack my bags (more difficult than it sounds), make it through the last 2 days of work (worse than it sounds!), and say some teary-eyed good-byes over the weekend. It actually feels a little surreal - I thought I'd never leave Franz...

No comments:

Post a Comment