Saturday, January 23, 2010

"Are you a possum or a cat?"

uuuuugggghh. This is the slowest internet! I wonder if they do that on purpose because they charge you money for it; you have to use it longer, thus paying more, to get your stuff done...

Ssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm leaving Franz Josef. Finally. (I'm so annoyed by this computer that I can't focus...). Yep, leaving. Here's the low down:

- I tried to renegotiate my massage contract at the Hot Pools
- they weren't interested
- I quit.

My last day will be this coming friday, then on sunday (jan 31st) I will go north with a friend heading to Wellington (he's going back to school) on the southernmost part of the north island, and I will likely get out in Golden Bay on the northwest corner of the south island. Road trip! Yay!

You may be wondering what I'll do when I get there. That would be a good question that I don't really know the answer to. I'm thinking I want to do some WWOOFing, which is working for food and accomodation on organic farms. That would be AWWESOOME! I am a little nervous about it. I found some places I'd be interested in going to - one is even a yoga retreat! But I'm scared that people will be like they were here in FJ. My employers were some of the most insincere people I have ever worked for. I've been very lucky with jobs at home - I had some fantastic and genuinely caring employers! My standards are high. But in return I usually* have a high work ethic (*conditions apply).

I'm distracted by a german girl behind me talking on skype...

errr. I don't know what happens next. I suppose that was my intention, but I don't really know what to say or do here. Nothing, I suppose, just simply notice and go with it...

Oh I almost forgot - the title of todays post: last night I was walking home from the bar, as I do most nights. And when I was passing a fish n' chips shop with picnic tables in front I saw a cat sitting on one of the table benches. The angle of the table put it's body in shadow save for it's pointy ears and pink nose. I started reaching towards it with my eager grin that I reserve only for kitties, then stopped with my hand about a foot away from it's head and thought out loud "wait... are you a cat or a possum?" (smile is gone). The thing jumps out of shadow and shows that yes, it is a possum. I nearly pet a possum. I could have lost my arm, but they sure are cute! :D

2 comments:

  1. Phew! :-P Close call on the opossum (spelling?) It doesn't know how lucky it was.

    Golden Bay looks beautiful and much less rainy. And on Feb 6 noon to midnight they are having a Mardi Gras. PARTY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh ha ha ha ha it wasn't a cat!!

    ReplyDelete