Sunday, November 1, 2009

the Plan is there's still no Plan

Friday morning I went to my orientation at IEP. It was four hours long and very informative. A little overwhelming in fact. I applied for my IRD (tax) number and that was easy which is very nice. I could have applied for my bank account but everyone (60ppl!) was doing it at the same time and I was very hungry. At the end of the thing, I was lingering around to ask a question about the bank account when one of the guys at IEP asked me if I wanted to work that night serving drinks at a halloween party. It was a work for trade gig. I was still VERY jet-lagged but I really wanted to do it so I said yes. It was put on by a bus tour company called Stray and it was an employee/industry party in their bus garage. It was so much fun! I met a lot of really nice people that I'm sure I'll get to meet again because I have a bus pass with them too.

Saturday I bought a phone. Message me for details.

Sunday was brilliant! I met up with Nigel and his partner Melani for the day. Nigel used to work at VIRG so that's the connection (yay networking!). We started of by doing a quick trip to One Tree Hill for some pictures, then a quick lunch before doing some indoor rock climbing. The gym here was pretty cool. Very spacious compared to ours. But that was about the only thing you could say against VIRG. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't at the same level of standards that's all. They had really neat climbing walls for kids though. I really wanted to climb them but adult children and inner child's were not allowed. Foowey! After climbing we headed over to St. Helen's (?) beach in one of the harbors in Auckland. It was gorgeous - did I mention it was a beautiful day? Well it was. The wind was a bit nippy but the sun was nice and hot. After some ice cream we went back to their place for dinner. They made me dinner! So sweet. I had such a good time with them and their little daughter. I'll see them again no doubt.

And finally today... today was frustrating as hell. I felt very bitchy for most of the day. BUT I did finally get my bank account set up, and I even found a JP to sign an application form for me for free. Then I was happier. Oh, and I finally typed up my CV and applied for two jobs. I was going to apply for more now but my time is about to run out.

Tomorrow I'm heading up to Paihia for two nights in search of... well.... inspiration I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment