Thursday, October 29, 2009

the Plan

I have now slept and showered. I got a free breakfast this morning, yum. So now I suppose I should figure out what I'm doing.

For the people who I didn't tell or the ones who forgot, I will tell/remind you that I came to NZ with only the first 2 nights accomodation arranged and no other plan (I do have a hop-on, hop-off bus pass that I can use at any time but I'm not ready to do that yet). Anyways, my goal for the year was to live my life as it happens. That means rolling with the punches and staying open to life and opportunities. Ultimately my goal is to prove to my "logical" brain that I can trust the unknown and I don't need to know what will happen next. To trust myself, my judgement, and my intuition. Oh goody!

Sooooooo, now that I'm here I need to find a direction. I'm waiting for inspiration it seems. I have a feeling I will find it (or maybe it finds me) today. At 10am I'm going to an orientation on getting myself set-up here with a bank account and government tax number, as well as getting help with my job search. I have taken the liberty of booking myself a bed in a different hostel as this one is a bit of a shit hole. I move there saturday and stay for three nights. By then I will hopefully have a direction.

1 comment:

  1. Oh C! blogging is awesome. I hope your hostel works out better, and I am crossing fingers and toes for your blog search!OOOPs. I mean JOB search. I have blog on the brain. I like yours. It looks strangely familiar... black background... etc... FUN.

    ReplyDelete