Tuesday, November 24, 2009

the sickness

bbllllaaahhhhhhhhh.

I'm homesick and regular sick.

Just a cold or something. I called in sick and slept the entire day. Plus, I lucked out and it was our one sunny day of the week so that helped. The sun shines on the bottom half of my bed for most of the afternoon so I was curled up in that wonderful, healing warmth. Thank goodness!

So the job stuff is all up in the air. Yes I have the massage job but I'm wondering if the company isn't just a little bit sketchy. I'm still waiting to see what my contract is going to be like and how that will work with the lease at the new accomodation that I'm supposed to move into at the end of this week. Mostly I'm concerned with the "What if" that involves me leaving before my contract is done. I'll be sure to inquire about that before I sich anything.

I just feel kinda like New Zealand sucks. I know, I kow, that's not fair - I'm in a bad mood and I haven't really seen much of NZ at all. Franz Josef is NOT New Zealand. It IS a very small part of it but that's it. I can't sum the rest of the country up by it. But why is everything so expensive and everyone so indifferent? Why don't I feel more excited about being here? And if that's how I really feel then why don't I leave?

I guess even in my worst mood I still have hope that there's potential just around the corner, and I just need to give it one more chance. I hure hope I'm right.

3 comments:

  1. Go do something fun that you like doing... stop worrying about the dumb job. Go draw a tree or just hug one for that matter Moose Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsey is right. These two jobs cannot be the only jobs in NZ. Stop worrying and the fun will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a "what if": What if you end up going home earlier than you planned BUTT (and it's a Big butt) you go home with the most awesome memories, because you stuck to your original plan "to not have a plan".

    ReplyDelete