Wednesday, April 21, 2010

blahdy blahdy blahhhh I'm on the East Cape

howdy folks!

my update is a tad more delayed than I originally intended, sorry. I'm now in Gisborne on the East Cape - famed for it's claim to be the very first place to see the sunrise of each new day. I will see on of those celebrity sunrises tomorrow at the wee hours of 6:30am. Can't wait. Riiiiight...

Anywho, this is a gorgeous and wonderfully laid-back place and I wish I could stay longer. I know in theory I can stay longer, but I still think it's time to come home. Err... I don't know anymore. Kerikeri was such a shithole it made me not care about even seeing the rest of NZ I just wanted to get the F out of dodge, as they say. But now that I'm not there I feel like I've been overzealous in my decision making! Gah! I'm really very frustrated with myself, particularly in the self-discipline and commitment departments...

Otherwise life is good. I'm relaxed, if not introspective. I have many things to look forward to in the coming weeks and each day my optimism and sense of adventure are returning. Oh! And I actually have a schedule! That's right right, I know (in theory) where I'll be for each of the remaining 30-something days of my trip. For example, tomorrow I will be back in Rotorua. Next week I'll see Taupo, Napier, Taupo, and Taurunga. Then Taupo (yes, I meant to put it in 3 times, if I zig-zag no one will follow my trail), the National Park, and Wellington. Followed by, as I'm sure you can predict, the south island. Incredible. It's almost as if I planned it all out. Imagine...

so that's me for now. Same ol' moody, emotional, semi-antisocial, tired, and grumpy-but-trying-to-hide-it me. The only thing I'm not is hungry. Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your spirits have returned! With only a few weeks left, enjoy every moment for what it is! I hope most of them are positive :)

    Never made it to the east cape so I can't wait to hear about your visit. I can't wait to see you again! Have fun, go crazy (it's not like anybody knows you... well, that's what I always told myself until I kept running into the same people and they remembered me... and some crazy stunts. Anyways... still go crazy!) Make the most of where you are (my favourite country)and the opportunity to be completely free (exhilerating!).

    Love you!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete