Wednesday, May 26, 2010

soon... soon...

well I wasn't going to blog until I got home but I'm bored and had to pay for the internet anyways to check-in to my flights (which didn't work in the end, ha ha).

So... I'm going/coming home tomorrow. It is a very strange feeling. I wonder how I'd feel if I had stayed the whole year?

Anyways, in the last two weeks I travelled the "deep south" of the south island, visiting Milford Sound in Fiordland, spent the night in Te Anau, the next night in Invercargill, then to Dunedin where I hopped off the bus to stay with friends again for two nights. I really loved Dunedin; it's a lovely city. It helped that I was also with people who were relaxed and welcoming (and not my scarey bus driver, who in the end turned out to be a lot like me - moody with uncontrolled bursts of energy).
From there I took a different bus directly to Christchurch to spend more time with other friends. They picked my up at the bus stop (right outside their apartment) and we immediately proceeded to drink. I spent the next 3 days in a rotating state of drunk/hungover/exhausted. I had a great time! We mostly just talked, bullshitted, and watched movies. We did a little driving tour of the surrounding area (Lyttleton and... err I forget the other... started with an s?). Then it was back onto the Stray bus en route to Kaikora (means food of the sea or something like that). This lovely little township is popular for going on whale watching and dolphin swimming tours. I thought it was expensive so I just hung out on the beach (yes, hungover).
The next day, on our way to Picton to catch the ferry to the north island, we stopped at Ohau waterfall. It's just a small little roadside stop, and you walk into the bush for 5 minutes or so to the waterfall. Anyways, this little stop was one of my most favorite moments of the last 7 months because under the falls were seal pups! And not just a few, more like 50! They were incredible to watch; they came up so close too us too - one even touched me! I have some pictures (but they're poor quality) and a video that I'll put up as soon as I'm home. Ahhh! It was just so flippin' cool!!!!
That night we stayed in Wellington again where I had the worst sleep ever, then got up very early to catch the bus and spend nearly the entire day travelling to Auckland. It was a long one. And, obviously, that brings me to now. I'm in Auckland. Tomorrow I won't be. Tomorrow I'll be making my way home through 3 flights, and 2 layovers that are not long enough for me to leave the airport but long enough that I will probably lose my sanity a little bit. From the time my flight takes off tomorrow afternoon I will be in transit for a little over 28 hours - ugh!

But it'll all be worth it when I get a hug from my parents then crawl into my own bed next to my kitty.... Mmmmmmmmm I can't wait!

soon... soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment