Saturday, December 12, 2009

heh heh

so......

I'm clearly not going to finish my previous post because a) I've forgotten what I really wanted to say and b) it's kinda boring if you're not me. Mainly I just want everyone, where ever they are, to take a look into the history of the people around them and the places they live in. It'll be great, I promise.

The latest news is this:

I have now done my first week of full-time work at the hot pools. I work sorta odd hours that prevent me from being productive in terms of blog/email up keep, or keeping proper groceries stocked. The week was good and I even got two tips! (tipping in NZ isn't common practice and generally only comes from north americans). My feelings towards Franz Josef have been improving as my friendships are developing. If it weren't for the people I'd be looooooong gone.

At the moment I'm in Queenstown for a mini getaway before the busy season starts and they don't let me leave. My contract at GHP has been changed from 4 days on 3 days off, to 5 days on 2 days off - which is a huge piss-off because that was one of the main appeals of the job to get the 3 days off in a row for "tiki tours". So, I saw this as my last chance for a little while to get out. It came just in time too because it has been pouring rain for the last several days. My shoes finally have a chance to dry out.

There is one other reason I'm in Queenstown. I have a job interview for a mobile massage company. This way I can also see how I like Queenstown before moving all the way over here. This place is beautiful, btw. I'm seriously considering it. But I must wait and see how the interview goes tomorrow evening. Keep your fingers crossed!

One last thing, I'm finally going to catch up on my pictures. They may be a bit out of order but you can see shots of where I work (BEST office in town) my new flat the day I moved in, some of my friends here in town, and the ever popular kareoke night! Enjoy :)

ps. the title of my previous blog was just a translation of a maori saying that made me laugh. I haven't lost my mind quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment