Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Straying Southbound

Ok here it is, the semi-sorta-plan-like direction that I'm going in:

I get in the Stray but tomorrow and head to Hahei (search Cathedral Cove) where I'll hopefully do some kayaking. I'll stay there for one night then move on to Raglan, a sweet little surf town. I think I'll get out there for 3 days to do some surfing lessons. Next will be Waitomo, for some glowworm cave adventures, followed by Whakatane, Rotorua, and the East Cape. My vague, non-commital plan will take me to approximately march 10th then, with much luck, I will find a short-term job doing fruit picking in Taraunga before I head to Hamilton for the Balloons Over Waikato festival where I'll be a volunteer hot air balloon crew person.

I'm sure what actually comes to pass will not resemble this but if not, let's hope it's something even better!

As for the last couple days, I've just been relaxing in Auckland. I did a hike to the summit of Rangitoto island - a now dormant volcano, and the summit of Mt. Eden - a less impressive dormant/extinct volcano. Did I mention before that Auckland is on something like 50 old volcanos? They're all over the place! It's pretty neat. I broke my camera in a cave on the islad when I tripped so I got to buy myself a new camera! Woohoo, out with the old in with the new :D

I will update those pictures and more when I'm less lazy and more organized...

No comments:

Post a Comment